Friday, January 21, 2011

Freshwater house...

This Australian house made a HUGE impression on me last year when I first saw pictures of it.  The Freshwater House by Chenchow Little, is in Sydney Australia.  This simple, elegant design is layered into podium, living area and sleeping areas on top.  Retractable shutters are used to enclose or expose the heart of the house as the occupants desire, protecting them from the busy street below.  These shutters give the house its character...and create the most memorable house of 2010 in my book!








All photos by John Gollings

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and functional design! I heard of Chenchow Little during my trip to Sydney last year. Have a look their ‘Ang’ house as well. Very monochromatic an bold, but cool.
    xx Christelle

    Ps. I like your blog, keep informing us of updates on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this house, was just thinking about a raised garden the other day. Some great ideas for the security conscious joburger.

    ReplyDelete