Thursday, February 23, 2012

city life

While I have a huge love for the countryside and the tranquillity it brings, I have come to realise lately that I'm a city girl at heart and can't survive too long without the bustle and variety it harbours.  Yes, I love my beach and country vacations and wish there was time for more of these, but when it comes to the crunch I love the frenetic pace, coffee stops, convenience and on-your-doorstep life more.  As long I can find myself a small garden with a big tree under which to rest, I'm happy.  From there life is good when you can retreat from the city to this sanctuary.  I often miss the time we spent in NYC and long to be back in a large northern hemisphere city.  These photos I took are a warm reminder of good times there, studying, visiting galleries, catching trains, driving the pontiac, walking the streets, negotiating the bread isle of the stop'nshop and sipping on starbucs.  City love.
  








No comments:

Post a Comment